Free selective practice tests
Welcome to our page offering free selective practice tests for Year 9 students preparing for selective entry exams. We understand the importance of thorough preparation and providing students with the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the format and content of the exams. On this page, you will find a collection of selective practice test questions specifically designed to help students excel in their Year 9 selective school tests. These practice tests cover a range of subjects and provide detailed answers, allowing students to assess their performance and identify areas for improvement. Prepare with confidence using our comprehensive selection of Year 9 selective practice test papers. Here are some examples:
1. Jane, Jinny, Joseph, Jake and John participated in a school 200m race. The top five students to cross the finish lines had their times noted.
- Jinny reached the line earlier than Joseph.
- Joseph had a higher score than Jake.
- Jake was ranked forth.
- Jake came earlier than John.
If all the statements above are true only one of the sentences bellow CANNOT be true. Which one is it?
A: Jane has a higher ranking than Joseph
B: Jane has a higher ranking than Jinny
C: Joseph has a higher ranking than Jane
D: Jinny has a lower ranking than Jake
2. Susan walked around an oval while Penny ran. They started and finished at the same time. They started on the same spot and went in the same direction, keeping up a constant speed for 1hr. Susan walked 8 laps and Penny ran 24 laps in the hour.
- How many times did Penny passed Susan.
- How many times did Penny Pass Susan exactly on the same spot where they started.
- At the beginning of which laps did Penny pass Susan exactly on the spot where they started?